Translate

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Contoh Soal Past Continous dan Jawabannya


 Contoh Soal Past Continous dan Jawabannya


Contoh Soal Past Continous dan Jawabannya



   A. Supply the suitable form of the verb in brackets !
    (Berikan tenses yang sesuai dari kata kerja yang ada dalam tanda kurung !)

1. Umi and Adan painted the wall. They began at 10 o’clock and finished at 11.30 , so at 10.30 they ___________ (be) ___________ (paint) the wall.
2. This time last year I ___________ (be) ___________ (visit) my teacher.
3. What ___________ (be) you ___________ (do) at 8 o’clock last night ?
4. I ___________ (be) ___________ (walk) home when I met Dina.
5. Sarah ___________ (be) ___________ (watch) television when the phone rang.
6. While I ___________ (be) ___________ (wash) dishes last night, I got a phone call from my mother.
7. When the mouse appeared, I ___________ (be) ___________ (study).
8. When my close friend called last night, I ___________ (be) ___________ (wash) dishes.
9. Fathin was arriving while I ___________ (be) ___________ (eat) dinner.
10. Yuki raised her hand while the teacher ___________ (be) ___________ (talk).

  B. Complete these sentences into +, -, ?, -? !
(Lengkapilah kalimat – kalimat ini kedalam kalimat +, -, ?, -? !)

1. (+) Tom burnt his hand when he was cooking the dinner.
    (-) .....................................................................................
    (?) ................................................................................... ?
    (-?)................................................................................... ?

2. (+) ......................................................................................
    (-) I wasn’t having dinner with some friends.
     (?) .....................................................................................?
     (-?).................................................................................... ?

3. (+) The doorbell rang while I was typing.
     (-) .......................................................................................
     (?) .................................................................................... ?
    (-?)..................................................................................... ?

4. (+) ......................................................................................
    (-) .......................................................................................
    (?) Was Jane waiting for me when I arrived ?
    (-?) ..................................................................................... ?

5. (+) .......................................................................................
    (-) ........................................................................................
    (?) ..................................................................................... ?
    (-?) Weren’t you sitting on the grass and reading a book ?

6. (+) .....................................................................................
    (-) ......................................................................................
    (?) Was I wearing this dress for two years ?
    (-?) ...................................................................................?

7. (+) I was watching TV when he knocked at the door.
    (-) .......................................................................................
    (?) .................................................................................... ?
    (-?) ................................................................................... ?

8. (+) ...................................................................................................................
    (-) ....................................................................................................................
    (?) Were the students studying when the headmaster entered the class ?
    (-?) ................................................................................................................ ?

9. (+) ......................................................................................
    (-) .......................................................................................
    (?) .....................................................................................?
    (-?) Wasn’t  I having an examination this time last year ?

10. (+) ..................................................................................
      (-) My mother wasn’t cooking rice.
      (?) ................................................................................ ?
      (-?) ............................................................................. ?


  C. Make questions by the answer the underlined words !
(Buatlah pertanyaan dari kata – kata yang digaris bawahi !)

1. She  was preparing  dinner  when we arrived.
        a                 b               c                   d

2.  A  child  was playing  football  in the yard  at eight o’clock last night.
      e                        g             h                i                                    j
     ______  
        f 


  D. Translate into English !
(Terjemahkan kedalam bahasa Inggris !)

1. Dia (pr) sedang belajar jam 07.00 tadi malam.
2. Ibuku sedang memasak sementara ayahku membaca majalah.
3. Saya sedang mandi ketika dia (lk) menelpon.
4. Mereka tinggal di Jepang ketika saya belajar di sana.
5. Guru itu sedang mengajar ketika saya masuk ruangan.
6. Dia (lk) sedang membaca di perpustakaan ketika saya ketemu dia.
7. Mereka sedang makan malam jam 7 tadi malam.
8. Apakah para bandit – bandit itu sedang tidur ketika polisi menangkap mereka ?
9. Ibuku sedang berbicara ditelepon ketika saya pulang.
10. Para pedagang itu sedang istirahat ketika saya datang.





JAWABAN (ANSWER)
    A.
1. were, painting
2. was, visiting
3. were, doing
4. was, walking
5. was, watching
6. was, washing
7. was, studying
8. was, washing
9. was, eating
10. was, talking

     B.
1. (+) Tom burnt his hand when he was cooking the dinner.
    (-) Tom didn’t burn his hand when he was cooking the dinner.
    (?) Did Tom burn his hand when he was cooking the dinner ?
    (-?) Didn’t  Tom burn his hand when he was cooking the dinner ?

2.(+) I was having dinner with some friends.
    (-) I was not having dinner with some friends.
    (?) Was I having dinner with some friends ?
    (-?) Wasn’t  I having dinner with some friends ?

3. (+) The doorbell rang while I was typing.
    (-) The doorbell didn’t ring while I was typing.
    (?) Did the doorbell ring while I was typing ?
    (-?) Didn’t  the doorbell ring while I was typing ?

4. (+) Jane was  waiting for me when I arrived.
    (-) Jane was not  waiting for me when I arrived.
    (?) Was Jane  waiting for me when I arrived ?
    (-?) Wasn’t  Jane  waiting for me when I arrived ?

5. (+) You were sitting on the grass and reading a book.
    (-)  You were not sitting on the grass and reading a book.
     (?) Were you were sitting on the grass and reading a book ?
     (-?) Weren’t  you were sitting on the grass and reading a book ?

6. (+) I was wearing this dress for two years.
    (-) I was not wearing this dress for two years.
    (?) Was I wearing this dress for two years ?
    (-?) Wasn’t  I wearing this dress for two years ?

7. (+) I was watching TV when he knocked at the door.
    (-)  I was not watching TV when he knocked at the door.
    (?) Was I watching TV when he knocked at the door ?
    (-?) Wasn’t  I watching TV when he knocked at the door ?

8. (+) The students were studying when the headmaster entered the class.
    (-) The students were not studying when the headmaster entered the class.
    (?)  Were the students studying when the headmaster entered the class ?
    (-?)  Weren’t the students studying when the headmaster entered the class ?

9. (+) I was having an examination this time last year.
    (-)  I was not having an examination this time last year.
    (?)  Was I having an examination this time last year ?
    (-?)  Wasn’t  I having an examination this time last year ?

10. (+) My mother was cooking rice.
      (-)  My mother was not cooking rice.
      (?)  Was my mother cooking rice ?
      (-?)  Wasn’t  my mother cooking rice ?

     C.
a. Who was preparing dinner when we arrived ?
b. What was she doing when we arrived ?
c. What was she preparing when we arrived ?
d. When was she preparing dinner ?
e. How many children was playing football in the yard at eight o’clock last night ?
f. Who was playing football in  the yard at eight o’clock last  night ?
g. What was a child doing ?
h. What was a child playing in the yard at eight o’clock last  night ?
i. Where was a child playing football at eight o’clock last night ?
j. When was a child playing football in the yard ?

     D.
1.She was studying at seven o’clock last  night.
2. My mother was cooking while my father was reading magazine.
3. I was taking a bath when he phoned.
4. They were staying in Japan when I studied there.
5. The teacher was teaching when I entered the too.
6. He was reading in the library when I met him.
7. They were having dinner at 7 o’clock last night.
8 Were the bandits sleeping when the police captured them ?
9. My mother was talking on the phone when I returned.
10. The mercants were taking a rest when I came.




      Semoga bermanfaat : )

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ikuti Youtube Teras Bahasa Inggris

About Me

My photo
Selamat belajar ya teman-teman! Semoga di blog ini bisa membantu teman-teman semua dalam mempelajari bahasa inggris. Keep studying!!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews